20% ref earnings
Update August 20: Neteller has been added as payment processor.
ClixSense Review – Description:
ClixSense is online PTC advertising program, where as a free member you can get paid for visiting ads, up to $0.02 for every website visited as well as for completing tasks and offers, playing games and referring others to the program. Clixsense is over 8 years old and paying PTC site, created by Steven Girsky (old owner) in February, 2007. In May 2010 Clixsense changed ownership and was sold to Jim Grago. ClixSense is well managed and established PTC site, one of the most popular in the PTC world.
Things we do like about ClixSense.com:
Well Managed – ClixSense has been online for over 8 years. For a PTC site, it is very important how long it has been online and paying. ClixSense has passed the test of time – they are providing their services since 2007 without any serious issues.
Paying – Members are paid on time. Payments are processed each Wednesday before 5PM EST. (Eastern Standard Time). We tested Clixsense and got paid few times so far. Below you can see our payment proofs:
Unlimited Affiliate Program – There is no limit to the number of people you can refer to the site and this is excellent opportunity for members who are able to build a big downline. You will earn click commissions, purchase, tasks or offers, signup and upgrade commissions.
Various Earning Features – Though it started as a PTC program, through the years Clixsense evolved in more like GPT program. Consequently, Clixsense offers a wide range of earning methods to choose from. Users can earn money in few different ways like viewing ads, completing Tasks, completing Offers and surveys, watching videos and playing the grid game. There are 4 Offer Walls available: Matomy, SupersonicAds, TokenAds and SuperRewards.
Forum – ClixSense does have a very active and friendly forum community. In our opinion, a PTC site should have a forum. The forum is a place where members and staff can communicate with each other. Members can post their success stories or doubts, post payment proofs, share the experience that they had with the site, ask for support and stay informed about the recent changes made to the site. Usually, on the forum you can notice the first signs if something is wrong. If members complain about non-payments or payment delays, then most likely the site is experiencing problems.
Downsides – Things to Pay Attention to:
Geo Targeted Ads – The ads are geo targeted. If you are not from North America or Western Europe, you will get less advertisements. The amount of ads, how often they appear and value of advertisements targeted to your specific profile is entirely dependent on the advertisers and will vary from day to day, even hour to hour. Logging into your ClixSense account more frequently should avail more ads to you as you will find ads from smaller advertisers before they are consumed by other members.
High Minimum Cashout – Even though the minimum cashout is fixed at $8.00 and does not increase after each payout, it may be hard to reach this amount, especially if you are clicking on your own, without referrals under you.
- Important Info About the Site
- Advertising Options
- Changes and Updates
- Earnings per click on different ad exposures:
Ad Type Pay per Click Timer Extended $0.02 60 seconds Standard $0.01 30 seconds Mini $0.005 15 seconds Sticky $0.001 5 seconds Micro $0.001 3 seconds
The ads are geo targeted, if you are from North America or Western Europe, you could get more ads. Upgraded members get minimum 4 guaranteed Standard ads daily, while Standard members get 1 guaranteed $0.01 ad.
- Average Daily Earnings Without Referrals: $0.03 +/- calculated only from PTC clicks. If you complete tasks and offers, you may easily earn few dollars per day.
- Pays per Referral Click:
Ad Type Standard Members Premium Members Micro $0.0002 $0.0004 Mini $0.001 $0.002 Standard/Extended $0.002 $0.004 Sticky $0.0001 $0.0001
- Commissions from Direct referrals:
Commissions Standard Members Premium Members Upgrade $2.00 per upgraded direct referral $2.00 per upgraded d. referral + $1.00 per upgrade through 7 more tiers Sales 10% up to $1.00 per purchase limited at $100 per referral 10% up to $2.00 per purchase Tasks/Offers 5% 10% SignUp $1.00 for each affiliate that has earned a total* of at least $10.00 from his own activity
$0.05 for every referral who activates their account
$2.00 for each affiliate that has earned a total* of at least $5.00 from his own activity
$0.10 for every referral who activates their account
* This includes earnings from approved Offers, Tasks and PTC Clicks only. This does not include commissions, bonuses and prizes such as ClixGrid and the Daily Checklist Bonus.
- ClixAddon – The ClixAddon is browser extension that will show a number in the far right hand corner of your browser, and when clicked will display a summary of your ClixSense account. This includes the number of PTC Ads available to click and the number of Surveys and Tasks available to you. It also gives you a quick overview of your account status, including your balance and past and current earnings, plus one-click access to most pages of the ClixSense site. The ClixAddon has a series of options that can quickly be accessed by clicking on the Options button where you can choose what you would like to be notified about (PTC Ads, Surveys and Tasks), and how to be notified – by showing a number on the ClixAddon button, by popup notifications that appear on the taskbar or by the sound alerts. ClixAddon is available for Chrome 30+, Firefox 29+ and Opera 15+. Internet Explorer will not be supported. The old ClixSense Toolbar will slowly be phased out so it’s recommended to uninstall it and start using the ClixAddon only instead. On the following link you can download the ClixAddon. Members who use the addon are more likely to see more ads.
- Tasks – You can earn money at Clixsense by completing tasks. A task is simply a set of instructions that you need to follow, and when completed, you get paid for it. For example, there may be a task to categorize images or videos, make google searches, etc. Certain tasks will require you to train for the task before it’s completed. Each task can pay you between a few cents to several dollars per completion. For every $50 you earn working on tasks you will get $5.00 Bonus that is instantly credited to your account’s balance.
- Tasks Contest – The tasks weekly contest is a simple contest running from Monday to Sunday that rewards the top 10 tasks workers. The prizes, total $100 every week, are distributed in the following manner: 1st place $50, 2nd $20, 3rd $10, 4th to 5th $5, 6th to 10th $2. The winners are paid instantly just a few minutes past midnight of every Sunday.
- Offers – There are several different types of Offers and few Offer Walls: Matomy, SupersonicAds, TokenAds, SuperRewards, RadiumOne, TrialPay and Persona.ly each with their particularities. After completing an offer, some payments are instant, while others have a waiting period that may take up to 1, 2, 3 or 4 weeks to credit on your account, or even more depending on the advertiser requirements. The rewards are listed as ClixCents although you will be paid cash into your account balance. 1 ClixCent is equivalent to 1 Cent USD.
- Daily Checklist Bonus – For each day that you complete your Daily Checklist a bonus will be added to your account balance at the end of that day. Premium members will earn up to 16% bonus of their personal earnings, while standard members will earn up to 7% bonus. The bonus amount you can earn is unlimited, it only depends on your activity. This bonus will be calculated from your total personal earnings that include your PTC Ads clicks, ClixGrid prizes, completed CrowdFlower Tasks and completed Offers. In order to complete the Daily Checklist you need to: click at least 6 PTC Adverts of any kind, click at least 20 ClixGrid squares, either complete at least 10 CrowdFlower Tasks, at least 2 Offers or at least 5 Tasks and 1 Offer, and visit at least one page of the forum.
ClixAddon Extra Bonus: Complete the checklist and run the ClixAddon for at least one hour in a given day to earn this extra bonus. Important: Survey notifications must be enabled under options.
Activity Extra Bonus: By completing the checklist three days in a row you will earn this extra bonus on the third day, for that day’s earnings, and every other day thereafter given that you complete the checklist continuously. If you fail to complete the checklist in a given day the bonus will reset.
- Clixgrid Prizes – They have game called "Clix Grid" which you can play daily. Standard members get 30 chances to win and Premium members get 60 chances to win. How to play the game? There is a picture on a grid and you have to click the square that has the prize. When you click on a square, a new window will open. You will be shown an advertiser site with 5 seconds timer. After the time passed, if you win, you will be shown a frame telling you how much you have won. You can win up to $10.00 per click. ClixGrid is a game of chance. The more you play the better your chances of finding that wining spot.
- Cashout Options and Conditions
Payment Options Minimum Payout Cashout Fee Standard Premium Paypal (USA) $8.00 $6.00 2% up to $1.00 Paypal
(Rest of the world)
$8.00 $6.00 2% up to $20.00 Paytoo $8.00 $6.00 Free Payza $8.00 $6.00 2.5% + $0.25 up to $4.00 Neteller $8.00 $6.00 2% up to $30.00 minimum $1.00 Check
USA, Canada, Mexico
$10.00 $1.00 (First time is Free)
Electronic payments are sent on Wednesdays on or before 5:00PM EST (New York time). Members from North America (USA, Canada and Mexico) are required to have their postal address verified before they are eligible for electronic cashouts. Address verification is accomplished by sending your first cashout by check to the address on your ClixSense account profile. Checks are mailed only once a month on or before the 10th of the month. As soon as you receive your Check you will need to enter and submit the PIN code printed on it on a form that will be made available on your account. This process will set your account to verified allowing you then to use any other available method of payment for your future cashouts. Cashing out by check is available only for members from USA, Canada and Mexico.
- Inactivity Policy– If your account should go to inactive status (90 days with no logins), ClixSense will consider the account abandoned and closes it. All funds in the account will be forfeited and the balance zeroed. Any referrals or ad credits that are in your account when it’s closed for inactivity will remain in the account.
- Script: Custom
- Owner: Jim Grago – ClixSense Inc (USA) – Same owner of Adhitz advertising Network
- Useful links: Interview with the Admin of ClixSense
- Paid-to-Click Ads
Clixsense offers five different types of exposure for the PTC Ads. They are Micro, Mini, Standard, Extended and Sticky. Each has a different exposure time that varies from 3 to 60 seconds and with different options available. They also require a different amount of Ad Credits per click. Sticky Ads use Sticky Ad Credits. Each Sticky Ad Credit gives the right to publish an advert for 24 hours of untargeted and unlimited clicks. You can distribute your Sticky Ad Credits between all your ads in any way you like. For example, if you purchase 7 Sticky Ad Credits you can use them on 7 different ads.
The prices are as follows:
Regular Ad Credits Sticky Ad Credits Credits Price Discount Days/Credits Price Discount 500 $1.10 / 1 $67 / 1,000 $2.20 / 3 $196 2% 2,000 $3.90 11% 5 $320 4% 5,000 $8.80 20% 7 $439 6% 10,000 $14.80 33% 10 $614 8% 20,000 $28.80 35% 15 $899 11% 50,000 $70 36% 30 $1,699 15% 100,000 $134 39% 60 $3,199 20% 200,000 $264 40% 90 $4,499 25% 500,000 $659 40% 120 $5,599 30% 1,000,000 $1,299 41% 250 $10,830 35%
- ClixSense ClixGrid Advertising
You can advertise your website or affiliate link in the ClixGrid game for a price as low as $0.45 per day. Pricing per link varies from $6 for 7 days to $100 for 180 days (see the table below for details). Multiple links may be purchased at the same time and volume discount applies, therefore, the more you purchase the more you save. For example, submit at least 10 links, of any duration, and get a 10% discount from the total. If you want to change your link, you will be allowed to do it only once by sending a helpdesk request.
Price information Volume Discount Days Price Links Discount 7 $6 5-9 5% 15 $11 10-14 10% 30 $20 15-19 14% 60 $38 20-24 17% 90 $54 25+ 19% 180 $100
- Text Ads and Banner Ads Advertising (through AdHitz)
You can also buy Text ad and Banner Ad space through AdHitz, an advertising network which is also owned by Clixsense Inc. Text ads will appear on ClixSense Homepage just under page content. Image ads appear just under the Text ads on the homepage. Both Text and Image ads will appear on other pages for logged in users. Image ads will also appear at the top frame while users are viewing ads at Clixsense. The prices for Text ads are $0.05 per click and for Image ads $0.07 per click.
- August 4, 2015 – Neteller has been added as payment processor.
- August 4, 2015 – New cashout policy introduced – from now on payments will be processed once a week on Wednesdays.
- September 10, 2014 – Special Signup Commission Promo and Affiliate Links Shortener Introduced.
- July 03, 2014 – Payza has been added back.
- June 28, 2014 – Extra bonuses for the Daily Checklist Bonus introduced.
- May 9, 2014 – ClixAddon browser extension introduced.
- February 22, 2014 – Enabled downline click commissions on Sticky Ads. All members, regardless of their status (Free or Premium) will earn 10% commission from their referral clicks on Sticky Ads.
- February 12, 2014 – Sticky ads introduced. Price reduction of up to 10% on all Regular Ad Credits Packs. Extended Ad clicks now pay the same referral commission as Standard Ads.
- January 9, 2014 – Paytoo introduced as a new payment processor.
- December 5, 2013 – Payza removed because Payza is no longer accessible to members in the USA.
- October 1, 2013 – Changes to the Referral Program – All members, including Standards can now earn sign up commissions from their referrals. The new commission structure is retroactive for all active members, meaning you will earn signup commissions for all of your active referrals who have met the criteria. There is no longer the $100 limit on sales commissions per referral on premium accounts, and the standard accounts commission limit is upped from $50.00 to $100.00.
- September 17, 2013 – Payout Policy update – Members from North America are required to verify their account before they are eligible for electronic cashouts (Payza or Paypal). Check fees lowered.
- June 7, 2013 – Clixgrid changes – More chances to play, main prize is now increased to $10, new options for advertisers which include multiple campaigns that range from 7 to 180 days.
- April 5, 2013 – New OfferWall – SuperRewards.
- January 23, 2013 – They have added offer wall from Matomy.
- October 20, 2012 – Cashout policy update, payments will be processed two time a week, on Mondays and Fridays. This is for electronic cashouts only. Checks will remain monthly.
- August 3, 2012 – Introduced Daily Checklist bonus.
- June 14, 2012 – Review completed, site added to the Established List.
ClixSense Review – Bottom Line:
In our opinion, Clixsense is a safe site to use. The site has passed the test of time and they are paying as promised for over 8 years. With the recently introduced earning methods, even if you do not have referrals, you can still earn a few dollars a day by completing tasks, offers or surveys. Thus, your earning potential now is substantially higher than before. However, referring others to the site is the key for bigger earnings without hard additional effort. If you manage to build active downline, you may consider to upgrade you account to take the benefits of the powerful 8 levels referral system. Their upgrade package is one of the cheapest in the PTC industry, it costs only $17.00 per year. Premium members get more ads with higher click rates, higher bonuses and commissions from their referrals.